When you started your business, did you think that it would grow to be HUGE? Or did you just hope that you would somehow make a profit and make ends meet? No matter your answer, if you have invested a dollar in your business, I think it’s safe to assume that you want to make money and grow from it. But, you have to be prepared for growth…even when you’re broke. That sounds like a catch 22, doesn’t it? That is precisely what SCALING is…it is the physical preparation that takes place before growth happens. We are kicking off this series with the first S of scaling, which is STRATEGIZING!
It requires planning, some funding, and the right systems, staff, processes, technology, and partners. I know that sounds crazy, right? But it’s possible! This is not a simple topic to gloss over, so trust me when I tell you that we will spend some time exploring different options to expand your influence and reach on a budget.
First things first is the strategy stage. You must determine What your business needs and why. If you have a low budget, you most likely have to do this on your own. If you have a few dollars to spare hiring the right brand strategist would double your earnings in no time.
But, cheer up because this is where the magic happens. I know we live in a microwave society with high expectations for EVERYTHING, but newsflash it’s okay to make mistakes. It’s okay to try new things. And it is certainly okay to roll up your sleeves and do a couple of DIYs.
SWOT vs. SMART Goals
I know you’re probably thinking yeah…but where do I start? I say use the SWOT analysis. I know people are fond of the S.M.A.R.T goals, but that doesn’t help me as much when I am strategizing for my business simply because I usually have several goals that need to be obtained in the same time-frame.
Remember, this is a process, and until you create sub-processes within your business, you will always feel overwhelmed as if you’re in a burning building ALL THE TIME. So, it is totally worth the discomfort of initiating a new habit. Trust me, it will become a mindless activity once you get the hang of it.
What in the world is S.W.O.T?
If you never heard of SWOT, it is a type of analysis that allows businesses to strategize by comparing internal factors to external factors. The acronym stands for “strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.” According to Business.com⸺, the SWOT analysis gives you a detailed, unbiased overview of your business as a whole or a specific product or campaign. It can also help train your brain to consider every factor that could affect your project or business. Feel free to use my free Go-Getter planner to map this analysis out. Once you have the analysis, solutions will be straight forward. You are not alone. I’ve helped many small business owners from different industries take their business to higher heights. Let’s discuss 5 ways to do that!
Services to Book After the Analysis
- Hire a Virtual Assistant – If organizational skills are not your forte, hire someone to change that. It can make or break your business
- Hire a Content Writer– Words matter! If you need results, hire an expert. Luckily you have affordable resources at your fingertips
- Sign up for an All in one marketing service- This is one of the most inexpensive options. I wanted my audience to know when I had new products, services, and more available to them, so I started with Mailchimp because it was free. I have upgraded to Active Campaign since then and its bangin’
- Use a Project Management Tool – I have heard of Monday.com, but, I am currently using Clickup, and so far, I am loving it! It allows me to collaborate, stay organized, and stay in the creative phase by having space to brain dump! Did I mention that it’s free?!
- Hire a Brand strategist– Meet Breonna Janae, a top tier Brand Marketer. She is now running a special just for YOU! Get your free consultation call that is valued at $150 and 20% off your strategy session. She has also opened 5 seats for 1 on 1 coaching, so hurry and claim your spot!
Bye For Now!
Your major take away should be that before you can scale your business, you have to prepare! It’s double preparation for sure but an essential step to take. Use all of these resources, research them, and let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you. Don’t worry, I will not leave you hangin’. There are many steps to scaling so RIGHT NOW you are tasked with implementing this first step and getting ready for the next step…YOU GOT THIS. Bye for Now!